Your shopping bag is empty
Finely ground coconut flour can bring lots of good things to your baking. It’s delicious in cakes, muffins, cookies, and pancakes, and adds protein and fiber. Adding coconut flour is a good thing to do, and our test kitchen tips will help you achieve the best possible results.
Milled from organic coconuts grown by small family farmers using sustainable farming techniques.
- Certified organic, kosher and non-GMO.
- Naturally gluten-free and packaged in a certified gluten-free facility.
To boost fiber and tenderness in gluten-free recipes, add ¼ cup coconut flour with the dry ingredients and ¼ cup water with the wet ingredients.
test kitchen tips
If you’re using 100% coconut flour, choose a recipe that’s been developed for coconut flour.
To substitute coconut flour for some of the flour called for in a recipe (either conventional wheat flour or a gluten free flour) follow the tips below:
- Begin with replacing 25% of the flour. For example if 2 cups of flour are called for, use 1½ cups of flour and ½ cup of coconut flour. When you do this, add an extra ½ cup liquid. Note: always add extra liquid equal to the coconut flour you’ve added. Coconut flour absorbs 4 times its weight in liquid.
- The batter will often seem thicker than the consistency you’re used to—don’t worry, this is normal. Cookies or pancakes will spread less than usual. We suggest using a spoon to spread them instead of thinning the batter.
- Gluten-free recipes formulated for coconut flour often call for more eggs than a conventional recipe would. Since coconut flour provides no structure, the protein in the eggs provides some.
- Baked goods made with coconut flour will be easier to cut or slice if completely cooled.
Item Code: KA10702
Size: 16 OZ.
Packaging: 1 Bag
Brand: King Arthur
Kosher Certification: OU (Orthodox Union)
Gluten Free: Yes
Corn Free: Yes
Egg Free: Yes
Soy Free: Yes
Sugar Free: Yes
Dairy Free: Yes
Nut Free: No